Sunday, January 22, 2006

Thoughts on Promotion

After spending an entire week focused on promotional chats, I've decided that they're fun, but, boy, they take a lot of work! I'm not just talking about the time over the course of 24 hours when you're out there chatting. Getting excerpts and fun stuff ready to add some spice can take a sizeable amount of time. But the benefit you get out of touching base with readers and other writers makes up for it. Just wish I had more time to make up the time I lost with my writing that I spent communicating.
Jeanne

2 comments:

Ann Cory said...

Hello Jeanne :) I've been reading up on you and enjoying your excerpts! You have a beautiful site :) I share your comments on promotion. It's a wonderful and necessary thing to do, but it's tough to juggle that with writing, edits, and everything else. But so definitely rewarding and worth it at the same time! :)

Angela's Designs said...

Exactly what Ann Cory just said. Great website. Saw your promo on a loop and found it for first time.